Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dreamy Wedding??

First of all.. I congratulate you,Niki


In Korea, the meaning of wedding has changed compare to the past.
Hmm.. my parents got married about 34 years ago and they met through matchmaker.
My father said he was so poor that they couldn't have wedding ceremony, only exchanged rings.
After sharing rings, they have went though many things together and raised three children.
In early time, there was quarrel and disaggrement between them.
Now, all son and daughters live independently, my parents are relient upon each other and
enjoy their lives. Even though they did not start from ardent love, now it looks warm and eternal.
Nowadays, young Korean usually get married with whom they really love.
However, some people think the wedding in economical view. Doctor, lawyer, some(?)teachers and government emploee are preferred jobs for match because they are finacially stable.
And it sounds funny, some people divorce as soon as they married because of marriage expenses.
Well, I am a little bit skeptic about the Korean wedding culture and I have not thought about dreamy wedding,, sadly.
When I meet someone to love , that will be the time to think about it. Maybe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're practical in your views of marriage. :) I think marriages are frequently turbulent in the beginning, and with good people time, love can bloom. Sometimes in the U.S., we women talk about the difference of loving someone and being in love with someone. Can you get my meaning?